Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's been awhile....crocidile!!!

So I see haven't updated a post in a little over a month. I supposed I've been busy..perhaps I've just been lazy.

A lot has happened over the past month. I've been running outside more often. I've decided at first that I wasn't sure if that was a good thing especially in the new area where we live. We pretty much live on the top of a hill. Hills aren't good for runners...at least this fat piece of shit runner. Hills hurt. Hills are discouraging. Sure I can tell you that where there is a hill there is a decline....sure that's true but you always have to run back up the hill or in this case hills. I suppose I could call the wife and have her pick me up at the base of the hill so I don't have to run up it but I guess that wouldn't be kosher.

Anyway....long story short I have slowy but surely getting further and further up on the hill on the last half mile of my run. Great way to end a 4-5 miler. Sooner than later I'll make it all the way up without stopping.

Also in the past month activities have included drinking..and more drinking. Wednesday golf nights are fun but I don't think the extra "drink(s)" are helping my cause.

The kicker of all of this is that no matter how badly I am abusing my body right now during the summer I have managed to shed 10 pounds!!! I figure once the golf league is over the extra 15 that I want to shed will melt away like butter. It has to right?...beer=emtpy calories.

All in all I have been incorporating hill work in my runs now. I've noticed that by doing that I am able to run faster and longer during the course of my runs.

On average I'm getting in about 4 and half miles during my lunch at a time of about 34 minutes. If down the road I can manage 5 miles during my lunch hour at around a time of 36 minutes I'll be as happy as a pig in slop!!

2 comments:

Meeta Banerjee said...

hell...I just posted after months...you're not the only one lazy. How's that run coming along?

Anonymous said...

Hi buds we are over in ireland ready to set up the run to eat ireland chapter.

Dont be alone find a buddy thats our success. training with others that respect the food after training motto.

we are seeting up the club and enjoy duathlons and adventure running at the start training was often cancelled for big macs. we get a lot of rain. check us out in a while when we have a few pages set up.

cheers tony